Jobs at Tourism Victoria
Job Posting - Manager, Media Relations
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced influencer of influencers to tell the Greater Victoria story to the world. Greater Victoria is constantly evolving and so is our story. This role offers the opportunity to be able to uncover unique experiential stories within our destination and leverage innovative approaches to get those stories out into the world. The ideal candidate will connect, inspire and educate influencers always keeping them engaged with our destination's ongoing saga.
Tourism Victoria is on the cusp of a new digital strategy and is completely reengineering the way it does business. This is the perfect time to apply your cutting edge thinking to Tourism Victoria, while bringing together earned, owned and paid media to achieve dramatic results to that exceed all expectations. Tourism Victoria is looking for a leader who isn't afraid to elevate our reach and isn't afraid to do things differently.
The person who will be most successful in this role will bring their own innovative ideas and approaches to the organization to achieve the following:
- Contribute effectively to a cross-functional Marketing, Media (PR) and Content team that collectively develops integrated strategies across various marketing and communications platforms to tell the Greater Victoria story and elevate our brand
- Build and maintain authentic relationships with lifestyle media and key industry influencers that result in earned editorial in print, broadcast and online coverage including social
- Deliver compelling story pitches, media calls, media events, marketplaces, media visits/familiarization (FAM) tours and direct media relations efforts
- Assist in the development of marketing and advertising initiatives bringing your expertise of how earned, owned and paid media channels can work together to maximize results
- Work closely with Tourism Victoria members and other stakeholders to uncover and/or develop stories that will drive positive editorial coverage that adds depth and dimension to our brand
- Recommend new value initiatives to replace old value initiatives are the norm in our industry
- Contribute to the management of the budget and identify cost-effective strategies to achieve results
- Liaise with other destination marketing organizations, partners and members to create beneficial partnerships with a collaborative spirit
- Provide updated market intelligence for key markets
- Degree in Communications or Public Relations, will consider diploma level
- At least five years experience in a public relations role
- Established media contacts and relationships with key media outlets
- Strong understanding of media, what they need and how to get it to them
- A "nose for news" to uncover great stories within the destination
- Proven track record of creating and amplifying content
- Inherent drive for innovative solutions and approaches
- Energetic, pro-active, self-motivated and results-oriented
- A strong knowledge of our key markets including demographic, psychographic statistics and trends
Chief Marketing Officer
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Tourism Victoria, by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org with Manager, Media Relations in the subject line.
Tourism Victoria has a professionally researched compensation plan. Successful candidates can expect to enter the organization in a salary range between $48,025 and $56,500 dependent on experience and related skills. This role has a range of up to $64,975 for high performers with years of service to Tourism Victoria.
Tourism Victoria offers an incredible work environment. We are proud of our culture, and are looking forward to welcoming a new addition to our team.
Other Tourism Opportunities
If you are interested in tourism industry opportunities in Greater Victoria or throughout British Columbia, please search below.