Major Events Investment Partnership Program
Tourism Victoria collaborates with the local hotel community to provide partnership investment to select major events that support the two groups' mutual business objectives. Tourism Victoria administers this Major Events Partnership Program.
Tourism Victoria and the hotel community review sponsorship and partnership applications annually. More applications are received than there are partnership funds available so the following information is provided as a guide for the festivals and events community to assess if they are strategically aligned with the objectives of both Tourism Victoria and the hotel community.
Partnership investment will only be considered for festivals or events that:
- Generate significant measurable overnight stays in paid accommodations (500 room nights minimum)
- Have a promotional plan in place
- Promote repeat visitation
- Contribute to local economic development
- Promote tourism and the region
- Preference is given to off-season (January to April, November to December) events
Please read the following Program Outline carefully to ensure that your project fits with program criteria.
In order to properly assess all 2017 proposals, there is a strict application deadline for applications of January 13, 2017. Please click here for the 2017 Application Form.
Should you have any questions please contact:
Mike Skwara, Manager, Major Events and Conferences
Suite 200 - 737 Yates Street
Victoria, B.C. V8W 1L6