Home to Canada's first microbrewery, Horseshoe Bay Brewing, and first brewpub, Spinnakers, Victoria has headed the Canadian craft brew movement since 1982. Today, 11 breweries and brewpubs contribute to Victoria's thriving craft beer scene. Victoria Beer Week brings beer connoisseurs, lovers, aficionados and brewers together to celebrate this tradition.
From March 7 to 15, 2015, Victoria will be buzzing with excitement and filled with beer lovers itching to get their hands on brews from over 40 local breweries. The event kicks off at the Victoria Public Market with a cask night featuring 20 casks from Vancouver Island's best breweries. For the following eight days you can dive into the local craft brewery scene at beer school, on a brewery tour or find out just how well beer goes with cheese, pizza and other fantastic food. Highlights include:
- Cask Night showcasing 20 casks from Vancouver Island breweries
- The release of ten brand new beers from BC's best breweries
- Beer School to teach you everything you need to know about the magical brew we call beer
- A free art show displaying fabulous unique beer label creations
- A free homebrewing workshop for beer enthusiasts hoping to join the scene with creations from their own basement
- Six course brewmaster's brunch celebrating tasteful combinations of food and beer
So for the love of beer, get your tickets to Victoria Beer Week before they sell out completely!