Annual Salt Spring Island Apple FestivalBack to Listings
Type: Special Events
Location: Salt Spring Island
So many apples, so little time, but make sure to take time to taste the apples along the way! Salt Spring Island was among the first regions in British Columbia to grow apples (supplying Vancouver and the Lower Mainland) and now grows over 350 varieties apples. Help celebrate our 'fruitful' beginnings at the 17th Salt Spring Island Apple Festival!
- See HUNDREDS of varieties of apples all grown organically on Salt Spring Island on display at Fulford Hall
- Taste dozens of apple varieties at AppleLuscious Organic Orchards
- Over twenty varieties of apple pie baked by the Pie Ladies
- Celebrate the rich history of apples on Salt Spring Island going back to 1860
- Educational information on organic apple growing
- Apple identification
- Apple baked goods and lunch options
Salt Springers are very proud of their apples and the incredible collection amassed at Fulford Hall every Apple Festival is a sight to behold! In 2015, there were over 300 apple varieties on display all grown organically on Salt Spring Island, arranged alphabetically with detailed labels. The task of setting up the collection is performed the night before by a team of about 30 island volunteers, ranging in age from children to senior citizens.