Victoria, BC V8V 2L8
The Parliament Buildings are a dominant feature of the Inner Harbour, residing on a 5 hectare (12.5 acre) section of land situated on the waterfront in Downtown Victoria, BC. The construction of the Parliament Buildings began in 1893 and was led by architect Francis Rattenbury. Rattenbury made every effort to use local materials, resources and expertise. The Parliament Buildings of British Columbia, Canada were officially opened in February 1898. However details, refinishing, additions and upgrades were ongoing until 1915. The buildings are the official residence for the B.C. Parliament to pass laws and where the Provincial Legislative Assembly gather and discuss the direction of the province. The BC Parliament Buildings provide guided tours year round. For more information, please email Tourism Victoria's Visitor Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 250-953-2033 or toll-free 800-663-3883.