St. John The Divine
Victoria, BC V8W 2L5
Phone: (250) 383-7169
Fax: (250) 381-3573
The congregation of St. John the Divine was founded in Victoria in 1860 when a prefabricated iron church building, disassembled in England and shipped around Cape Horn on a sailing ship, was completed in the new colony of Vancouver Island. The original building was replaced with a brick building in 1912, renovated after a disastrous fire in 1960. The current building which, including the chapel, seats about 500, has a full Cassavant organ, stained glass throughout and a very tall spire, which is a city landmark.
St. John's is known as one of the most active and imaginative parishes in western Canada.