St. John The Divine

1611 Quadra ST Victoria BC V8W 2L5

    The congregation of St. John the Divine was founded in Victoria in 1860 when a prefabricated iron church building, disassembled in England and shipped around Cape Horn on a sailing ship, was completed in the new colony of Vancouver Island. The original building was replaced with a brick building in 1912, renovated after a disastrous fire in 1960. The current building which, including the chapel, seats about 500, has a full Cassavant organ, stained glass throughout and a very tall spire, which is a city landmark.

    St. John’s is known as one of the most active and imaginative parishes in western Canada.

    Image Gallery

    Download Victoria's Vacation Guide

    Destination Greater Victoria is honoured to be based on the traditional territory of the Lekwungen-speaking peoples of the Songhees Nation and the Esquimalt Nation, whose historical relationships with the land continue to this day.