Qualicum Beach Chamber of Commerce

The Qualicum Beach Chamber of Commerce was founded as the Qualicum Beach Board of Trade on December 8th, 1926 and included the villages of Qualicum Beach, Dashwood, Hilliers, Coombs, Errington and Parksville. The thirty original members included a baker, two butchers, four merchants, a clerk, a real estate agent, a physician, seven farmers, three hoteliers, a contractor and two carpenters, a plumber, a mill owner, an ice manufacturer, a garage owner, a transporter, a retired gentleman and a settler. The Chamber received official Ministerial approval on January 27th, 1927

For 16 years, until the incorporation of the village, the Board of Trade functioned as the voice and, in many cases, the decision maker of the village. The Board of Trade took the initiative leading to the incorporation of the village and the President, H.J Welch was also the first Chairman of the Village Commission.

Today the Qualicum Beach Chamber of Commerce has close to 300 members and represents all sectors of business in the community. It represents its members at all levels of government as “The Voice of Business” through its affiliation with the British Columbia Chamber of Commerce and the Canadian Chamber of Commerce.

Image Gallery

Download Victoria's Vacation Guide

Destination Greater Victoria is honoured to be based on the traditional territory of the Lekwungen-speaking peoples of the Songhees Nation and the Esquimalt Nation, whose historical relationships with the land continue to this day.